DIY Bar Cart

February 1, 2013

Say hello to our new bar cart! Isn’t she great?! I found this old metal cart via craigslist. Originally I thought I was going to paint is a beautiful metallic gold color, but it just didn’t look right in my head with all our bar goodies. Then I thought, green? No, not next to our green couch. A soft butter yellow? Neah. For a moment I thought pink! but knew Joel wouldn’t be as thrilled. Then I hit me! A deep navy color would look lovely next to all our gold accessories and would fit in well with the rest of our living room. Three cans of navy spray paint later, we had a beautiful bar cart to style.

See a little video of my new bar cart right over here!

I found these glass containers at a thrift shop, which house whiskey, vodka and gin. And of course tequila was a necessary purchase at the Cancun airport before our return flight home. I think I might spray paint that RESERVED sign gold, what do you think? Or maybe pink?

I gave Joel this set of pin-up girl glasses for our 5th anniversary  They look totally innocent until you turn them around, and BAM they’re naked. I love things with unexpected humor and luckily so does Joel.

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply Nicole February 2, 2013 at 5:11 pm

What a great find! i’ve recently been trying to remember to check Craigslist more and i am going to be furnishing my almost finished basement soon but so far no luck. This inspires me to keep searching!

• Reply Rachel February 7, 2013 at 9:40 pm

This looks amazing! Love it!

• Reply Cherie February 25, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I just found the EXACT cart (today) that the neighbor across the alley threw out, it is white with chrome frame. (also some old metal roller skates that you need a key to adjust. ) I can’t wait to update the cart. Thanks for the idea!!

• Reply Aileen July 31, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Love the cart! Did you change the wheels to the clear ones or did they come like that? I found one with black wheels and want the clear ones.

• Reply Kitty August 19, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Found it like that! A lucky & cheap craigslist find!

• Reply DIY Bar Tray Tutorial - The Pretty Guinea Pig | The Pretty Guinea Pig January 20, 2014 at 2:01 pm

[...] been seeing a lot of DIY tutorials for bar carts, which seem to be the latest fad in home decor. I get it–it speaks to a Mad Men aesthetic and it certainly has an element of [...]

• Reply Clarissa April 23, 2014 at 5:46 am

Hi! Just found your blog by google searching bar carts LOL :) I must ask: What is a good price for one of these carts? I found one similar on CL and they’re asking $75… is that too high?? Please let me know!! I really need some guidance as I have NO idea what I should pay and I’ve been wanting a bar cart for a while. Thanks so much, appreciate your help!

Thanks!

• Reply Kitty April 27, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Hi! I got this one for about $30 if I remember right. Hope that helps!

• Reply 15 Bar Carts For Your Next Party - Porch.com December 10, 2014 at 4:00 pm

[…] Photo courtesy of Kitty Cotten […]